Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Glee brings back old Television memories

As I watched this weeks episode of Glee I found myself remembering more than just the struggles that friends of mine have gone through when it comes to believing in God. As much as I'd love to talk about my spirituality here, that is not what this blog is about. So, instead I will talk about the other memory it brought up.

All of the songs in this episode were great and they were sung so well, but my favorite was the one at the very end. "One of Us" has long been one of my favorite songs. I have toyed with the idea of making a video of me singing it and, if I do, I will post it on this blog. For now, however, I would just like to share the scene from Glee with you guys. This song is very powerful and I love it for that but I am also attached to it for another reason.

Over the years I have watched a lot of television and I have had many shows pass through my regimen. There were several that I watched when I was in middle school and the beginnings of High School (ALIAS, Crossing Jordan, Tru Calling, etc.) but there was one that I particularly enjoyed and that was Joan of Arcadia.

The story is sort of a modern play on the story of Joan of Arc. A young girl finds that she can communicate with God and he comes to her in different forms. Though he is not helping her to fight a physical war (like the original Joan) he comes to her and asks her to help others who need him. Through Joan God manages to help a lot of people and, through this experience, Joan helps herself and her family. It is a wonderful show and I hope to find it on DVD some day because I miss it.

So, without further ado, here are some videos. First is the small clip of the song as sung on Glee and the second is the intro to Joan of Arcadia. Enjoy... oh and peace out nerdies!





P.S. If you want to see a video of me singing this song, leave a comment. :)

1 comments:

Danielle said...

Dear Breanna,

Sing us a song.

Your BFF,
Batman

Stalk Me

About Me

My Photo
Breanna
I love to write and make movies, that is what I want to spend all day, every day, doing for the rest of my life
View my complete profile
Hi, I'm a bit of a nerd, are you? Good. Lets be friends.

Tweet about this blog to your other nerd friends and check out my youtube!

Subscribe to me on YouTube
Powered by Blogger.